TAYLORVILLE Coal Mine Museum

1324 E. Park
TEL: 217-526-4408)
In 2003 two retired 
Lithuanian-American miners, William A. Stone and Ron Verbiski, created the Christian Country Coal Mine Museum (Charles E. Martin, Director). The museum has photographs, documents and artifacts pertaining to the dramatic events in this area. It also has an excellent collection of miners’ photographs about their work underground. The museum is featured in Mark McDonald’s “Illinois Stories”: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLNElpq5r7U